Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 25

Who do you look up to?

I look up to a lot of people. I look up to Ian Mackaye when I'm see people getting stupid drunk. I look up to Bas Rutten when I'm in a "fighting" spirit kind of mood (whatever the hell that means). I look up to Les Claypool and Flea when I play bass. I look up to Dave Raun when I play drums. But the one person I look up to most is my brother. I mean he's the biggest influence on me. He's the one that got me into most of the bands I listen to today. And we all know how much music has influenced me. I don't mean to, but I dress like him. We once walked out of our rooms and we were both wearing black shorts and a band t-shirt. "Well the band shirts were different" Kinda. I was wearing a Rancid shirt and he was wearing an Operation Ivy shirt. Both with guitarist/ vocalist Tim Armstrong and bassist Matt Freeman. He's my Kuya. I look up to him by natural law. I got my first girlfriend 2 months ago. I'm still learning how to be a boyfriend. So I'd ask my bro anything I'm unsure with. "What did you do with ____?" "Did you get a present for ____?" "Would ____ get mad if you did this?" And he'd tell me everytime. "____ and ____ are two different people. Different people respond to different things. Stop asking and learn." To which I'd respond with a very unsure "ok." And I'd come back the next day, "So did ____ ever get mad at you for doing this?" He could tell me robbing a bank would be a good idea and I'd probably do it. What can I say I look up him. I'm the younger brother. I watched him for 18 years I'm not gonna stop now.

No comments:

Post a Comment