Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 13

Who are you compared to who you were three years ago? What made you change?

Three years ago I was a sophomore in High School. I was still kinda quiet and shy (I know!) Ummmm oh yeah I was Captain Straight Edge. "These guys are idiots!" I thought for every time I heard someone talk about smoking or drinking. I was Slack-King. My crown - a red mark on my forehead from falling asleep on my arm in class. I was Mr. Elite. "Punk music is the best! Taking Back Sunday is garbage!" I was very snobbish about my music. Yeah I guess that's it.

I'm not as shy I used to be. It's kinda, you don't need to be shy. If you're shy, things will be awkward. I don't want things to be awkward. I wanted to be more out there. I didn't wanna be the quiet kid who no one spoke to. I wanted to be the person who was easy to talk to.

I still don't drink or smoke. But I realized I didn't want to be one of those stereotypical douche bag straight edge kids who think they're better than everyone smackin drinks out of people's hands. That's not cool. Ian Mackaye would (is) upset about those kids. That's not what straight edge is about. It's "That's not my thing". It wasn't even purposely came up with. He made a song about not needing to get high or drunk and people just started callin themselves straight edge. If anything I'm old school straight edge. If you smoke or drink, cool man enjoy your beer and cigarette. I'll take a Pepsi.

I'm still a huge slacker. I thought that would've changed entering college. Nah man. "Well why don't you work on that?" Pfft. Cause it's easier not doing homework. Errrr.

I'm more open with my music. I could still be snobby about music. But I stopped bagging on other genres. Well ok, I make fun of country or "hardcore" screamo bands or anything with autotune, but that's only when I'm asked. Cause That's just my opinion. It doesn't mean anything at all. I will be open or willing to listen to something new. If I don't like it well at least I gave it a chance.

Yeah that's pretty much it.

No comments:

Post a Comment