Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 4

Favorite Quotes

"Life is too short so love the one you got
Cause you might get run over or you might get shot"
- "What I Got" by Sublime

I've followed this quote for the longest. It's pointless to walk through life all sad or pissed off about nothing. Truth is no matter how bad you think your life is, there is someone whose life is worse, whose life is actually bad. Don't take your life for granted.

"So I'm gonna do my best
to kill em with kindness
So I can grow up to be good"
- "Angel and A Devil"

I actually found this song or quote somewhat recently. Everyone hates each other nowadays. It's kinda depressing. How are we supposed to progress when we're all working against each other? We gotta help each other out. I can't go out saving people on the streets getting mugged. I can't get a homeless person food and a home to live in. I can't cure the person with cancer. But I can hold a door for someone walking into a place. If I can spare the change, I could donate a dollar to a charity or the dude playin his guitar out on the streets so he could buy his meal for the day. There's no need to be rude or mean to someone who you just met, that has never wronged you.

"QUIT BEIN A WUSSY!"
- Christopher Titus (and Ken Titus)

This quote has gotten me through a lot. Whenever I felt like I couldn't go any farther I'd say to myself "QUIT BEIN A WUSSY!" and I'd keep goin. Whenever I didn't have the balls to do something: "QUIT BEIN A WUSSY!" and I'd grow a pair. It's been pretty effective for me.

"Make do with what you have
Take what you could get"
- "Minor Threat" by Minor Threat

Sometimes you need to care not about what you don't have, but what you do have. Some people can't have half the crap that others have. Not everyone could afford a big screen TV. Some people can't afford a t-shirt to replace their dirty ripped up one on their back. Sometimes you just gotta be happy with what you already got. I don't think Ian meant what I said writing this. But this is the way I took it.

No comments:

Post a Comment