Sunday, January 9, 2011

Mr. Multi-Instrumental

So I found a word, or no not really word, a phrase? A figure speech I guess, that pertains to me. I play multiple instruments; guitar, bass, and drums. I could somewhat play the piano and I know how to sing in key, but I'm bad... terrible... I suuuuuuck at it (and that's putting it nicely) so I don't normally mention vocals and piano in my arsenal. Anyways, when it comes to instruments, I am a Jack of All Trades, Master of None. It basically means I'm competent in the categories but not a master of any of it. I don't know why but I really like that title. I started out playin guitar. I was too slow so my uncle (who was teaching me) threw me on bass. "One note," he said. "Casi [tagalog for because] you're too slow in changing da chords. Bass ees mach easier por you." Which was true. And I ended up a bass player. But after a while I stopped progressing. I do the same crap over and over again cause I can't do anything crazier. So I ran back to guitar and got faster at changing chords. But I can't solo. I'm strictly a rhythm guitarist. I could do easy solos like "What Happened to You" by The Offspring or "Gangsters" by The Specials and other good stuffs. Ok so I'm not a terrible at soloing but I can't do any solos that are too crazy. I also play drums. I got a lot of beats I could do so that's cool. But don't give me 8th notes in a punk song (ex: The Ramones) I will tire out before the first chorus. So to basically wrap this all up I'm a Jack of All Trades, Master of None. I could do all of the above in a band, but don't ask me to do anything crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment